Balance Life & Work with a New Career Opportunity
Now Hiring – CLINICAL REIMBURSEMENT COORDINATOR – Montgomery Village, MD
Montgomery Village Health Care Center
The Montgomery Village Health Care Center mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to Maximizing Patient Outcomes. We treat Residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our Centers and Communities. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for Residents, families and our valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
• 401k Retirement Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Opportunities to advance and grow your career
• And More
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide. We have a graciously appointed facility with strong belief in patient care and service; join us at our beautiful facility!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Clinical Reimbursement Coordinator (CRC) assures the implementation of company policies and procedures pertaining to the Medicare and Managed care reimbursement in the facility. This position reports to the Administrator of the facility and receives consultative assistance from the Regional Clinical Reimbursement Specialist. The Clinical Reimbursement Coordinator is also responsible for regulatory compliance and quality improvement efforts in order to attain appropriate Medicare or Managed Care reimbursement. This position integrates information from all necessary disciplines to maintain accuracy and compliance with the MDS process. By conducting concurrent MDS reviews, he/she assures the achievement of maximum allowable RUG categories. Working collaboratively with facility team members, the CRC ensures that services offered meet or exceed federal, state and company standards and serves as a role model for ethical business practices according to health standards
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain a professional standard of behavior when interacting with staff, residents family members or visitors
• Follow and uphold the company Code of Conduct
• Facilitate Daily PPS and Weekly Medicare meeting
• Knowledge of and compliance with HIPAA guidelines
• Knowledge of and ability to download reports from Point Right
• Knowledge of and ability to download state and federal reports from Internet
• Participate in Monthly Billing Reconciliation meeting
• Complete MDS’s per schedule as required for Medicare, Managed care and OBRA schedules
• Initiate/Update Care plans as required
• Ensure compliance with State, Federal, and Point Right transmissions and make modifications as needed
• Facilitate and coordinate with other disciplines to maintain care plan development and ongoing updates per MDS schedule
• Provide updates as required per Managed Care contract guidelines
• Communicate promptly with facility team/regional consultant any issues or concerns
• Completion and issuance of denial letters, coordination of Medicare certification completion, review of skilled nursing documentation (including CNA documentation) to support skilled needs
• Serve as the center resource for MDS/PPS; and state Medicaid reimbursement.
• Manage Medicare appeals process, and participate in Administrative Law Judge hearings as needed.
• Implement and participate in the company processes developed to appropriately maximize reimbursement
• Attend additional meetings; perform other duties as assigned
RN licensure, Maryland or compact-state designation
3-5 years of previous MDS experience
Previous supervisory experience